Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Use paint, craft sticks, and a few decorations to make this lovely craft stick Christmas ornament craft to hang on your tree this Christmas! This is a great project for a snowy day.
- 1 jumbo craft stick
- 5 regular craft sticks
- Green and brown craft paint
- 12” yarn or ribbon
- 1 gold glittery chenille stem
- ½ silver glittery chenille stem
- 25-30 colored sequins
- White craft glue
- Cut one of the regular craft sticks in half. Put aside.
- Cut half an inch off of each end of two of the regular craft sticks, discard cut ends.
- Paint the jumbo craft stick brown.
- Paint the uncut craft sticks (2), the half craft stick pieces (2), and the trimmed craft sticks (2) the color green. Allow all craft sticks to dry.
- Glue the green craft sticks horizontally onto the brown craft stick (trunk), starting with the longest sticks at the bottom and working your way upward. Try to space them out evenly. Allow the glue to dry.
- Bend silver chenille stem into the shape of a star. Trim excess if needed.
- Cut the gold chenille stem into four pieces, each one smaller than the other (4.5”, 3.5”, 2.5”, 1.5”).
- Curve each of the gold chenille stems and glue them onto the tree as garland. Start at the bottom, gluing the longest piece in place. Next, move up and glue the second longest piece, and so on.
- Glue the silver chenille star to the top of the tree.
- Use the white craft glue bottle tip to dot on glue in various spots on the green craft sticks. Place sequins onto the glue dots and set aside to dry.
- Turn the ornament over and glue a looped piece of yarn onto the back for the hanger.